Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Jailed serial killer suspected of 16 homicides in Colombian capital

“He says he strangled them and then had sex with the corpses”

A photograph provided by Colombia's National Police of suspected serial killer Fredy Armando Valencia after his arrest in Bogota. EFE
A photograph provided by Colombia’s National Police of suspected serial killer Fredy Armando Valencia after his arrest in Bogota. EFE

TODAY COLOMBIA (EFE) A jailed alleged serial killer in the Bogota may be responsible for the deaths of at least 16 people, authorities said Friday after the suspect admitted the number of victims was higher than he had originally indicated.

“Today he’s going to show us the place where he supposedly buried seven more (people),” National Police chief Gen. Humberto Guatibonza told reporters.

- Advertisement -

Fredy Armando Valencia Valencia, a 34-year-old living in a makeshift dwelling near Monserrate hill, a tourist attraction and pilgrim destination on Bogota’s eastern outskirts, initially told investigators after his arrest last Saturday that he had killed eight women.

But after a ninth body believed to be linked to the suspect, dubbed the “Monster of Monserrate,” was found on Thursday, Valencia on Friday morning confessed that he had killed seven more people.

Police happened upon the suspect near Monserrate and caught him with garbage bags containing human remains in his possession, according to Colombian newspaper El Espectador.

The suspect said in remarks to reporters after his arrest that he had acted in “self defense” and denied that he was a “monster.”

- Advertisement -

Valencia sought out women aged 18-22 on Calle Bronx, a seedy area of Bogota where many of the city’s addicts buy their narcotics, promising them food, clothing and drugs in exchange for sexual favors, authorities said.

He later took them to his hut made of wood and recycled material in a thicket near Monserrate, where he gave the women what he had promised them and demanded they accede to his request for sex.

“I wanted to bathe them, change them, so they’d more easily be able to go out and get money. When I invited them to my house, I asked for five minutes of pleasure in return for all I offered them,” Valencia told reporters.

The suspect confessed that he strangled the women after they did not fulfill their end of the bargain, later chopping up the bodies, putting them in garbage bags and burying the remains in the vicinity of Montserrate, according to investigators.

“He says he strangled them and then had sex with the corpses,” Guatibonza said Friday.

The National Police said the murders, which were announced to the public on Tuesday, were committed between 2010 and November 2014.

- Advertisement -

FACT CHECK:
We strive for accuracy in its reports. But if you see something that doesn’t look right, send us an email. The Q reviews and updates its content regularly to ensure it’s accuracy.

Rico
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of onlinemagazines that includes TodayColombia.com. Rico brings his special kind of savvy to online marketing. His websites are engaging, provocative, informative and sometimes off the wall, where you either like or you leave it. The same goes for him, like him or leave him.There is no middle ground. No compromises, only a passion to present reality as he sees it!

Related Articles

Colombia captures its most wanted drug lord ‘Otoniel’

QCOLOMBIA - Colombian authorities said on Saturday they captured Dairo Antonio...

Canceled euthanasia: Martha Sepúlveda was ready to die on Sunday

QCOLOMBIA - 51-year-old Martha Sepúlveda, diagnosed with ALS, had been slated...
- paying the bills -

MOST READ

- paying the bills -

WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST!

Get our daily newsletter with the latest posts directly in your mailbox. Click on the subscribe and fill out the form. It's that simple!