QCOLOMBIA – The flexibility of six states promoting Covid-19 inoculation for tourists in the United States caught the interest of many Colombians.
The states of Texas, Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Florida do not ask for higher requirements to vaccinate, even of foreigners.
In Colombia, airlines and travel agents, offer travel packages that include flight, accommodation, appointment and transfer to the vaccination center, among others.
In all these states, tourists are welcome, that is, a visitor can we can the U.S. immigration the reason for travel is get vaccinated and go shopping.
Tourists should not fear being denied entry or revocation of their visa if they express that they are traveling for the purpose of being vaccinated, clarified the United States Embassy in Colombia.
In addition to a visa, travelers to the United States must have a passport validity of at least six months and have a PCR or antigen test not more than 3 days to enter the United States.
It is recommended a minimum stay of two days.
Most tourists seek out the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, as it requires a single dose. Its efficiency is 72%.
Making an appointment in advance is important since there is not always the possibility of a choice of vaccine once at the vaccination center.
Here’s what to do if you want to get vaccinated in the United States:
- Visit the Vaccine Spotter site
- Choose the State (make sure that residency is not a requirement, as in the states mentioned above)
- Choose your type of vaccine
- Book an appointment online
- Save your email for your appointment showing the locations, date, time and type of vaccination
- Arrive for your scheduled appointment and carry an official government identification, such as a passport (it does not need to be a US passport)
- Receive your vaccination and vaccination card from the CDC. Then wait 15 minutes in the waiting room before leaving
- Vaccination is complete if it is the Johnson & Johnson single dose. For all other types of vaccines, you will need to stay in the US for three to four weeks to receive your second dose.