Monday, May 29, 2023

Canadians spin Colombia bit


Canadian partners Parex Resources and Petroamerica Oil have spud a new appriasal well on the El Eden block in the Llanos basin of Colombia.

The partners began drilling the latest probe on the La Casona discovery on 30 May. The well is targeting the Gacheta and Une formations, which tested light oil in the discovery well.

- Advertisement -

La Casona-2 will also evaluate the Mirador formation, which was not flow tested at La Casona-1, Petroamerica said in a statement.

The new well has a target depth of about 16,000 feet, with drilling and completion expected to wrap up about 60 days after the spud date.

Parex operates the well with a 60% interest and Petroamerica owns the remaining 40%, 15% of which is still pending approval by the Colombian National Hydrocarbon Agency.

The partners are also building a long-term test facility at La Casona-1, which includes gas-compression capability. They expect the La Casona-1 well to be placed on long-term production test towards the end of the third quarter of this year.

- Advertisement -

Once the La Casona-2 well is completed, the drilling rig is expected to move to drill the Rumi-1 exploration well on the same block.

- Advertisement -

We strive for accuracy in its reports. But if you see something that doesn't look right, send us an email. The Q reviews and updates its content regularly to ensure it's accuracy.

"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of onlinemagazines that includes Rico brings his special kind of savvy to online marketing. His websites are engaging, provocative, informative and sometimes off the wall, where you either like or you leave it. The same goes for him, like him or leave him.There is no middle ground. No compromises, only a passion to present reality as he sees it!

Related Articles

Colombia has one of the lowest minimum wages in Latin America

QCOLOMBIA - 2023 starts and with it many of the workers...

Colombia and Venezuela reopen border crossing after 7 years

QCOLOMBIA - Colombia and Venezuela on Monday, September 26, 2022, reopened...
- paying the bills -


- paying the bills -


Get our daily newsletter with the latest posts directly in your mailbox. Click on the subscribe and fill out the form. It's that simple!